The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade route begins near Central Park West at 59th Street. From there, the bands, balloons, performers, and magic continue to 6th Avenue and travel south, brushing past Bryant Park before finishing at Macy’s Department Store.This year’s parade takes place on Thursday, November 25th, from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. The Marmara Park Avenue is pleased to offer an overview of NYC’s most famous Thanksgiving event.
- Look forward to giant balloons featuring Ada Twist from Ada Twist Scientist, Grogu from The Mandalorian, Pikachu from Pokémon, Snoopy from Peanuts, and Chase from Paw Patrol. You’ll also see seasonal favorites, such as a giant acorn, a candy cane, and pumpkins.
- Keep an eye out for festive floats sporting themes that include Louisiana, Sesame Street, Blue’s Clues & You, Lifetime Christmas, Mount Rushmore, and of course, Macy’s own Tom Turkey float.
- Macy’s Great American Marching Band brings together accomplished high school musicians from across the United States of America. The NYPD marching band and a select few high school marching bands will also perform during the event.
- This year’s parade includes a range of eclectic performance groups, such as jump-ropers, cheerleaders, and dancers. You’ll also spot some clowns!
- As always, expect Santa Claus to bring up the rear, ushering in the Christmas season with style.
If you’re wondering which Broadway ensembles and celebrities will make an appearance, that hasn’t been announced yet. We recommend keeping abreast of the latest developments by regularly checking the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade official lineup page.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the City of New York may change the route, viewing locations, and safety procedures as needed. Make sure you check Macy’s website (or ask one of our helpful guest services staff members) the day of the parade to make sure you are aware of all vital information.
Masks are likely to be required, and vaccination is always recommended.
Where to Stay
The Marmara Park Avenue is the perfect place to stay if you plan to wake up early to snag a front-row seat to The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. We are just a twelve-minute walk from the parade route and a few minutes walk to the subway station if you prefer public transportation. Make a to-go cup of hot tea or coffee in your room, dress warmly, and stake your claim.
Make the most of your morning stroll in NYC by taking the route past the Empire State Building.
When the parade is over, return to your warm, comfortable hotel room and spend Thanksgiving Day in whatever way works best for you. Connect with family using our free wi-fi or enjoy some fabulous food at the 114 Cocktail Bar.
View this post on Instagram
If you’re looking for a place to celebrate in a more traditional way, our 24-hour concierge is always happy to provide local recommendations for things to do in NYC.The Marmara Park Avenue is your home away from home during the 2021 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Be sure to book one of our luxurious guest rooms, studios, or suites before the parade rush!